[Freeswitch-users] srtp clarification

Mitch Johnson mitch.johnson7 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:43:10 MSK 2011

My previous post may have suggested that the TLS/SRTP was not working.  Where in fact, the TLS works like a charm.

The problem comes in when I require SRTP only on the phones.  When SRTP s turned off it works great, and so does TLS.

I've been trying to understand how the voice part of the call is setup using SRTP.  When I go through the logs, I don't see anything that says that SRTP failed anywhere.  I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in my configuration.  In Asterisk I had to define the transport mechanism of tls and encryption=yes to make it supposed to work.  But then I never got it working there either, the difference with Asterisk is that it was showing SRTP as failing, but there's a bug causing that so it was pretty much a brick wall for me.

Am I supposed to do something under the user profile or somewhere else where that call is encrypted using SRTP?  I followed the TLS and SRTP guides to do the setup.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  As with any problem, it's consuming my life until I can sort it out.

Thanks so much ahead of time,

Mitch