[Freeswitch-users] send fax via google voice.

curriegrad2004 curriegrad2004 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:14:05 MSK 2011

> I suspect if you make that comment again in 20 years, it will still have
> the smiley face at the end, but probably won't have XPS in it.

That was just an example there :)

> that is not true.
>
> Real estator/law firm/accounting offices/travel agents...many of them still
> prefer fax for security reasons.
> I am always worried about sending my driver license pdf file via e-mail.

Faxing stuff over the PSTN network is no different than sending an
unencrypted PDF file via e-mails. You do realize that somebody inside
the VoIP provider could possibly tap on to the "line" and record
everything. Now when I mean everything, they can record the entire
handshake of both fax machines. Your good old POTS provider might just
be doing that without letting you know, they're called "soft taps".

Now faxing stuff over VoIP makes fax interception much much easier. So
no, faxing stuff over the PSTN isn't technically secure, but it
'feels' secure because of the level of difficulty for the average
person out there to intercept fax calls over the PSTN network. But
then again your telco might be able to do this without letting you
know.