[Freeswitch-users] xml_curl and domain aliases

Dmitry Sytchev kbdfck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 00:06:31 MSK 2011

Seems I didn't explain clean what I'm trying to achieve.

I have a domain, say, access.test.com. My users can use srv records to reach
it, or specify server's address directly as IP.
Default configuration with domain="all" works like a charm.

Then I moved from static files to xml_curl directory in database. Now every
time user registers I should respond with directory record, containing
domain in which user is trying to register, so I need to respond with IP if
user registers with IP, and with name if user registers with name. I do this
having DomainAlias table in my DB.

After user registration, I need to bridge calls to it by my routing rules.
But I don't know exactly how to instruct freeswitch to lookup user's
contact, since I don't know in which domain user is registered. I don't want
to interact with Freeswitch registration database, as it decreases
flexibility of solution.

At present I use force-register-domain set to my domain name, but I want to
use several names with different aliases, so looking for another solution =)

2011/3/3 Frank Park <frank at telonium.com>

> We use domain aliases to do multi-tenancy and we have SIP clients to
> specify the realm that matches the alias you have, and outbound proxy to
> match the actual proxy server.
> This will use the profile alias to register, (which then you should be able
> to see in the sip_registrations table (in columns sip_host and mwi_host).
> You should then be able to use user/internal/${userpart}@{domain_name}.
>
> As for registering users via IP address, you should look into mod_acl
>
> Frank
>
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Dmitry Sytchev <kbdfck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I'm trying to setup xml_curl-based directory to provide registration and
>> bridging information from database.
>>
>> The thing I can't still reliably handle is domain aliases. I have some
>> domain like 'access.freeswitch.test', but I need to allow users to register
>> via ip address, for example, 1.1.1.1. My scripts answer on REGISTER curl
>> request with directory entry where domain is set to domain user trying to
>> register at, and this works.
>>
>> But then I need to dial that user. I'm trying to use
>> user/${userpart}%{domainpart} syntax, but I don't know exactly domain user
>> was registered at. How to tell freeswitch to take in account domain aliases
>> when looking up for sofia contact?
>> Or, instead, can I make freeswitch to store user in registration database
>> with some primary domain, which I can then specify to bridge(user/) command?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Dmitry Sytchev,