[Freeswitch-users] mod_say in different codecs

David Notivol dnotivol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 22:02:29 MSK 2011

Thanks Steve for your prompt reply.

Yes, mod_native_file does suit my needs for regular audio files; but I think
it doesn't for numbers. Actually, I'm using say to pronounce numbers, but it
seems mod_say forces FS to use the wav files.

I was having a look at the source code for the mod_say_en, and I removed
some of the ".wav" strings for the digits and recompiled it; and  then the
native_file was triggered and played the .PCMU file (or any other needed
codec) instead of the .wav file.
But I'm not sure this is the way to proceed, or if that can get to other
problems...

Is there any way of having mod_say not forcing to use always .wav files and
relying on mod_native_file ?

--
David