[Freeswitch-users] FS Webinterfaces - Opinions on wikiPBX, blue.box, fusionPBX

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:40:06 MSK 2011

On 3 March 2011 16:31, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:
> Hey. Not sure what you really want - FusionPBX's next project is a
> permission rewrite - multi-tenant was just added.

The main feature i'm missing is exactly that, giving granulated
permissions to groups - beeing able to dynamically modify the access
and permissions of users - which is currently hard-coded for
admin/superadmin as far as i've grasped.
If my managers agree on having the same set of permissions for our
customers though, i could remove some of the admin-permission in the
code and live without a dynamic solution for a while(Until we need to
release a 2nd version of our product next year).

Another important thing i miss is a proper debug mode - FusionPBX does
not report errors and acts as if everything went fine, while postgres
actually fills logs with syntax-errors and such. I've been spoiled by
the error-handling of python-frameworks i'm afraid.

> Depending on what you want to change though, you might be able to just
> change a line or two in the actual php files.

I should have followed through reading that PHP-book i bought 8 years
ago, i've not much indulged in the pleasures of working with PHP :-)
As i wrote i can fix small issues which i can debug without effort,
but to dig deeper into the code and really understand the project will
take more time than i can afford right now(Which i'll have to do if i
want to add features like Blacklisting or Boss/Sec as "easy to
configure" GUI-elements).

> I don't recall hearing any questions on #fusionpbx in freenode. I haven't
> heard of any any outstanding bugs...

Didn't really seek support as i've a tight schedule and if i can't get
something to work within a few hours i move on to the next.
Small bugs like http://code.google.com/p/fusionpbx/issues/detail?id=57
and the lack of proper error-reporting pester me - i've checked out
the latest revision from trunk though, should i've taken the regular
packed release?

> And yeah, wikipbx seems to be dead. As opposed to FusionPBX who was on the
> conference yesterday about the roadmap and he gets sponsorships to add new
> stuff.

Sounds great :-)

Cheers,
Christian