[Freeswitch-users] Eavesdrop - How to get out of the application ?

keithmsn at laaks.com keithmsn at laaks.com
Wed Mar 2 18:40:18 MSK 2011

Hi,

I am calling the eavesdrop application as follows:
   session.setVariable("eavesdrop_enable_dtmf","true");
   session.execute("eavesdrop","all");

Works 100%, with the application responding to the keys for talking to the
one, other or both sides of the channel, resetting and also moving onto
the next channel (*).

But there is just no way to get out of eavesdrop other than hanging up the
call and calling back in. Maybe I am missing something?

I looked into:
   mod_dptools.c at 'eavesdrop_function',
   switch_ivr_async.c at 'switch_ivr_eavesdrop_session'
but no code for some escape key (i.e. #) in 'switch_ivr_eavesdrop_session'
which will break the permanent loop in 'eavesdrop_function'.

Maybe I should not be using 'all' and instead go the db route?

I also spotted two variables: "eavesdrop_announce_id" and
"eavesdrop_annnounce_macro" used in switch_ivr_eavesdrop_session. Looks
like this allows for a macro to be played on switching to a new session to
verbally identify it. Don't see this in the wiki. Anybody tried this
before?

Regards

Keith