[Freeswitch-users] Thoughts about mod_conference enter-sound, when wait-moderator has been set

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Tue Mar 1 16:50:24 MSK 2011

Good afternoon (at least for me)!

Stupid question maybe - but here it goes :)

When I configure a conference to wait for the moderator before connecting people, I've noticed that "enter-sound" is played synchronously. Is there any special reason for this? I'm thinking about adding a new parameter to allow it to play asynchronously, even when in this mode. My reasons for this is if there are 50 people logged in, and the moderator connects to the conference, there will be lots of time spent just to play the enter-sound for each member. 1 second of sound for each member will cause 50 seconds before it has played them all. It makes sense in the case when the caller's name is read, but for a common enter-sound I think an asynchronous playback would be good enough?

/Peter