[Freeswitch-users] Does FS handle three-way calling on the same POTS?

GillesToo codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 12:10:47 MSK 2011

Hello

My ISP offers basic PBX features and free calls through when plugging a
phone in an RJ11 on the ADSL modem. I'd like to hook up a PC to the modem
with an FXO module, and use three-way calling so that the server calls me
back on my cellphone, and then lets me call a number through the server
before switching to a conference call. Poor man's callback system :-)

I finally got Asterisk to make the first call, and put it on hold, but it
stops there: It appears that Asterisk is unable to create a second channel
on the same FXO module when a call has been put on hold ("app_dial.c:1310
dial_exec_full:Unable to create channel of type 'Dahdi' (cause 0 -
Unknown)").

I was wondering if someone had successfully used Freeswitch in this
scenario?

FWIW, here's my extensions.conf:
==============
[from_fxo]
exten => s,1,Wait(2)
exten => s,n,Set(GLOBAL(CID)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,n,Hangup()

;script waits and creates callfile
exten => h,1,system(/var/tmp/test10.lua ${CID}&)

;context used by callfile
[callback]
exten => start,1,NoOp(In callback, CID is ${CID})
;how to wait until remote phone picked up?
exten => start,n,Wait(5)
exten => start,n,Answer()
exten => start,n,Playback(tt-monkeysintro)

exten => start,n,Flash()

;BAD exten => start,n,Dial(Dahdi/1/${GSM})
;does ring second number, but no actual voice channel
exten => start,n,SendDTMF(456789)