[Freeswitch-users] SRTP problem with leg B inbound to FreeSwitch

Jim Miller jmiller at sirran.com
Wed Jun 29 23:38:04 MSD 2011

I've gotten as far as I can with this problem and could use some help.

Here's the problem:
- Two soft phones can dial each other (ext 1001 and 1002) and voice
works in both directions
- Wireshark shows Leg A in/out from phone 1 (10.1.10.5) is SRTP and Leg
B out from freeswitch (10.1.10.2) is SRTP.  However Inbound from phone 2
(10.1.10.4) to the switch is just RTP.

Any ideas?

I've read what I could find on the freeswitch wiki and made the obvious
changes to the dialplan

<!-- Offer SRTP on outbound legs if we have it on inbound. -->
<action application="export" data="sip_secure_media=true"/>

and then did this to the internal.xml sofia config

<!--Uncomment to let calls hit the dialplan *before* you decide if the
codec is ok-->
<param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/>

Using Freeswitch version 1.0.head (git-2486306 2011-06-23 11-57-38 -0500)
Blink is being used as the soft phone v0.24.1 released in May 2011.
Linux and Mac versions.
I've also tried sflphone for a linux host with no change in the behavior.

If I bypass the media stream and send the SRTP between the soft clients
directly all works fine.

I've attached various stripped down dialplans, sip configs, and a
wireshark packet dump.

Thank you
-Jim