[Freeswitch-users] pause and restart while recording?

Wes wes-fs at 499x.com
Wed Jun 29 18:00:00 MSD 2011

I'm writing the script in LUA... not sure how to answer your question RE
dialplan or ESL...

The lua script is triggered via the socket library from a php page, and
the arguments to the lua script are things like the phone number to
dial, and an id number to track things back.

The application is pretty simple, it just needs to call the desired
number, play instructions via voice commands, take a recording, allow
user to review the recording, rerecord it, and then finally submit it.
It's going to be for medical dictation.  It's pretty much done except
for the pause feature.

Searching around the archives for the "pause during recording"
functionality, I found a few people discussing the need for pause in
relation to a transcription app, but couldn't figure out what came of it.

I'm pretty close, as I already have a loop that will stop the recording
on a "#" keypress, so if it could just pause recording on a different
keypress, that would be great...

Thanks for the help!