[Freeswitch-users] Removing SDP from 183/180

Artur Cichocki acichocki at supermedia.pl
Sun Jun 26 12:07:10 MSD 2011

Hi All.

I didn't get any response from fs-dev moderator for one month so it goes
here.

I just wrote this patch. It ads 'sip_remove_183sdp' flag, which removes
SDP from 183 and returns 180 (it also removes SDP from 180, because FS
changes 180 with SDP to 183).

To turn it on add {sip_remove_183sdp=true} to the dial string.

Why? Because in some situations we don't want to transfer voice between
clients before a real call establishment (and yes, I know that early
media in this stage is allowed by RFC).

Real case:
Try to setup two clients, one of them using Sipdroid. Turn on bypass
mode. Try to call to Sipdroid client, you will hear caller voice
together with the ring (because Sipdroid sends 180 with SDP, and puts
voice on the speaker).

Patch attached.

--
Artur Cichocki