[Freeswitch-users] Answer issue on inbound call

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Jun 24 10:08:45 MSD 2011

Are you using the default dialplan? I think you might just need to ignore
early media on your bridge app. If you are using the default.xml file then
locate "Local_Extension" and the bridge line:

    <action application="bridge" data="user/${dialed_extension}@
${domain_name}"/>

Change it to this, then try again:

    <action application="bridge"
data="{ignore_early_media=true}user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}"/>

If I understand correctly, the "symptom" you are experiencing is the normal
operation of the bridge app (and it's cousin, the originate API command).
When the b-leg sends back media, including ringing, the bridge (or the
originate) will be considered "successful," and in the case of bridge, the
b-leg's audio (the early media) will be connected to the a-leg. If you set
ignore_early_media=true then you are explicitly telling the bridge app that
you only want to connect the b-leg to the a-leg if the b-leg actually
answers.

I hope that made sense...

-MC