[Freeswitch-users] 183 after 180

David Aldworth daldworth at teliax.com
Wed Jun 15 08:24:23 MSD 2011

I am trying to find the best solution to generate ring on 180 but bypass on 183. We are in the middle, customer -> FS -> pstn. We bypass_media=true for all calls. However, sometimes we get a 180 from the PSTN and FS relays that to the customer, but the customer is not generating ring so the calling party hears dead air. So, the solution would be to anchor media and generate ring when we get a 180, but once the 183 or 200 hits, bypass starts. I suppose we could do an expression match on the 180, ignore early media, generate ring, and bypass media after bridge. Just wondering if there was a better alternative solution.