[Freeswitch-users] Invalid Profile [external]

ankIT WALiA ankitwalia4u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:51:28 MSD 2011

Dear all,

I am new to FreeSwitch. I am trying to use an external SIP profile for
connecting ouside my LAN

I create a SIP account on iptel.org.

To add a new gateway, I created a file and saved into the External folder

<include>
<gateway name="custom">
<param name="username" value="MY_USER_NAME"/>
<param name="password" value="MY_PASSWORD"/>
<param name="realm" value="iptel.org"/>
<!-- iptel.org requires a 'proxy' parameter -->
<param name="proxy" value="sip.iptel.org"/>
</gateway>
</include>

I have given the username and password which I got after creating an account
at iptel.org.

Now, after launching FS CLI, I run a "sofia profile external restart
reloadxml" which is giving me message "Invalid Profile [external]"

I am not able to make up what is the problem.

I have some understanding of Networking. When i tried to find this issue on
internet I found that this could be related to:
1. Is this a problem because of NAT? or Port Forwarding which I need to do?

Please give me some clue to debug the issue.

Thanks
Ankit

--
Life is like a rose its upto u feel it as its fragrance or thorns