[Freeswitch-users] conference high cpu and audio delay

Cameron Banta cbanta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:31:47 MSD 2011

Hello,

I'm running FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.7 (hacked-20110606T040042Z) on Ubuntu
10.04 64 bit with kernel 2.6.35-22-server.

I am running about 300 simultaneous calls spread out over about 50
conferences. I'm getting a cpu load of 20 to 30, and cpu utilization
about 75% on each core. There's about a 2 second audio delay in the
conference when it gets this loaded.

Is this high load and audio delay just the limit of my cpu (dual core
E5200)?

I ask because I was able to get the same number of calls on this server
with asterisk 1.6 with app_konference with a much lower cpu load - about
4 or 5 - and no audio delay.

Thanks,
Cameron