[Freeswitch-users] IVR -> Phrase with a parameter

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Jun 12 02:14:33 MSD 2011

If you had read chapter 6 of the bridge book you'd know the answer. ;)

If you want to pass arguments then do something like this:

greet-long="phrase:cc_ivr_main_menu:${cash}:${arg2}:${arg3}"

and

<macro name="cc_ivr_main_menu">
        <input pattern="(.*?):(.*?):(.*?)">
            <!-- ${cash} is in $1 now -->
            <!-- ${arg2} is in $2 now -->
            <!-- ${arg3} is in $3 now -->

Now you can use $1, $2, $3, etc. in your phrase macro. If you want to see
macros in action then I suggest you look at the voicemail macros - they do
all sorts of stuff. Of course, if you'd read chapter 6 of the FS book you'd
know that, too. ;)

-MC

P.S. - Did I mention chapter 6 of the book? :D The reason I'm so familiar
with it is because I wrote the stuff on phrase macros in chapter 6 and
chapter 7...