[Freeswitch-users] Proxy traffic security

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:17:04 MSD 2011

You can create an ACL listing proxy IPs then set the proxy-acl parameter on
the SIP profile.call

If your proxy can add a X-AUTH-IP header to the INVITE containing the
caller's IP then FS will use that IP to check against ACLs instead of the IP
received from, if the IP received from is on the proxy ACL. That way you can
still authenticate callers with ACLs behind a proxy, although you're
trusting your proxy to set that header correctly. The proxy-acl setting
means only your proxy can set the X-AUTH-IP header, it'll be ignored on
calls from any other IP.

-Steve