[Freeswitch-users] Response status from client

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:55:20 MSD 2011

> Question 1:
> i'm developing a custom client sip with pjsip. This client when receive a
> call that can't be accepted respond with status 603. I think that freeswitch
> filter this status.

603 gets treated fine for me. I think we need to see more information - can
you put a debug level log of the call with siptrace enabled (sofia global
siptrace on) on pastebin (http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/) and then post the
url here?

Chances are you're doing something in the dialplan that's answering the
call, either before or after the failed bleg.

You said you had voicemail before... you can't send 603 back to the client
and continue to voicemail because the 603 terminates the call.

> Question:2

It's possible a custom Header pass trough in status response like trying or
> session in progress? I'm able to use custom header only on invite adding to
> invite a header with name like X-myheader. Any suggestion?

Yes, you can for 180/183, with the sip_ph_X- prefix. That puts the header on
any provisional response.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Sofia#Adding_Response_Headers

For example:
<action application="set" data="sip_p_X-myheader=value"/>

AFAIK you won't be able to do the same for a 100 Trying since Sofia doesn't
let FS do any handling at the required point. But have a try anyway just to
be sure.

-Steve