[Freeswitch-users] skype reverse engineered

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:25:22 MSD 2011

However interestingly it appears to be 1.x, 3.x and 4.x have reverse
engineered. 5.x is the latest windows version.

The latest Linux version (used by mod_skypopen) is 2.2.0.25. Not sure why
that's not reverse engineered but if they were to block anything pre-5.x
it'd break both skyopen and skype-open-source.

On the more optimistic note I have seen a good argument that there are
enough hardware Skype phones with Skype that they can't easily block older
versions without breaking a lot of devices.

-Steve