[Freeswitch-users] Load Balance Trunks

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Sat Jul 30 01:52:05 MSD 2011

I realize this is late, but...

There are so many ways to solve this.  My approach?

Use mod_lcr to define your trunks, mod_lcr will load balance (well
choose random order at each "cost" level).

use mod_nibblebill to keep track of your "account" for each trunk.
Have a cron job at midnight that resets your "balance".  When the
trunk hits 0 it'll disconnect any active calls and any new calls will
not complete on trunks that have a 0 balance.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Abid Saleem <abid_freeswitch at live.com> wrote:
> Hi Micheal, Avi and All,
> Sorry for a little late response as I was away. I have seen quite a few
> questions from you guys, so I am answering them in one email as below.
> 1- How does the provider notify you that each trunk has used its allotted
> time?
> Abid -> They have some counter in their IMS network to count on mins per
> trunk per day and they inform us by email.
> 2- Are these trunks inbound only?
> Abid -> No. All these are Outbound Trunks. We just use them to send outgoing
> calls to our provider.
> 3- What happens when a call extends more than 120 mins on a trunk, would the
> call be disconnected?
> Abid -> The call is not disconnected right away but they send us a
> notification the next day. There is no real-time disconnection.
> 4- And then no more calls that day on that trunk?
> Abid -> Calls do not stop connecting immediately but they keep going.
> Currently their notification process is manual not automatic blocking.
> Please help me if you can. Thanks.
> Regards
> -----------------
> Abid Saleem
> Technical Manager NGN
> Terminus Technologies
> ________________________________
> Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 09:49:02 -0700
> From: msc at freeswitch.org
> To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Load Balance Trunks
>
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:46 AM, <hmkias at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Lcr entry could be activated on the the trunks. A cron job could monitor the
> usage and add or remove the trunk for the day.
>
> Are these trunks inbound only?
> -MC

-Rupa