[Freeswitch-users] Can record_min_sec be used in record dial plan tool?

Adam Kelloway adam.kelloway at newpace.ca
Wed Jul 27 17:53:21 MSD 2011

Hi there,

In regards to http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_record_min_sec :

I can't seem to get record_min_sec to work when using the record dial
plan tool. It doesn't detect that a recording is too short and therefore
doesn't delete the file.

A look at the code seems to suggest that it is only checked when you are
using the media_bug_answer_req feature and/or the record_session dial
plan tool. Is this true? Is there any way I can enable this for the
record dial plan tool?

My extension does the following:

<action application="set" data="record_min_sec=2"/>
<action application="record" data="/tmp/${uuid}.wav 30 200"/>

I also tried the following, with no difference in results:

<action application="set" data="RECORD_MIN_SEC=2"/>
<action application="record" data="/tmp/${uuid}.wav 30 200"/>

Thanks,

Adam