[Freeswitch-users] NAT and Freeswitch

Narendra Sirugudi nsirugudi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 07:48:41 MSD 2011

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

Maybe my problem definition is not fully clear:
For my use case, having addtional configuration on the SIP UA (softphone)
side is not feasible. I am looking for solution on the Freeswitch
side(sitting on the public network). Not all SIP UA clients (softphones)
will have the solution of working around NAT, let alone STUN client support.

I observed the Freeswitch has some features like AutoNAT etc. Aren't these
of any help for the use case i have ? I just started reading on the AutoNAT
feature. The documentation of AutoNAT seems to suggest that freeswitch
itself sits behind a NAT. This is not the same as my use case.

To summarize: Does freeswitch have any method of detecting that the remote
SIP UA is behind a NAT and taking some action based on that ?
Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks,
--naren