[Freeswitch-users] VAD Detection on Outbound Call

Duane Gilbert Duane.Gilbert at patlive.com
Fri Jul 15 14:29:44 MSD 2011

We are migrating an application from a platform that had enhanced call
analysis builtin(Voice and Answering Machine Detection).  We used the
Voice Detection to determine when play information to the callee about
the inbound caller.  Waiting an arbitrary amount of time after the call
is answered solves the problem in most cases, but we had complaints that
the information was played too fast or not fast enough after the call
was answered.  Waiting for Voice Activity seems to satisfy those
complaints.

- Duane