[Freeswitch-users] ftmod_libPRI outgoing calls channel selection

Michal Zubáč michal.zubac at comgate.cz
Thu Jul 14 18:01:54 MSD 2011

Hi.

I've noticed that outgoing call channels in freetdm/ftmod_libpri are not
selected exclusively in Q.931 SETUP messages. Channel identification
"exclusive" bit is 0 so it only means "preferred".
In some cases freeswitch selected channel which was not ready for
dialing yet and ISDN operator answered with another channel in PROGRESS
message. So actual call state messages were passed trough another
channel and it resulted with lots of VETO and consecutive RESET
messages, because of channel state confusion in FreeSwitch.

I think that it's better to force channel selection and in some cases
choose wrong channel and get info about it. It's definitely better, then
choose something, assume that it is correct although actual
communication is done on another channel and such calls are "doomed"...

I've attached patch, in which we force selection of ISDN channel. Maybe
better solution will be some configuration variable, which will control
this behaviour. Consider.

Does anybody have similar experience and if so, how do you deal with it?
Or am I mistaken in some of my conclusions?

--
Michal Zubac
ComGate Interactive s.r.o.

Prague Marina Office Center