[Freeswitch-users] Outgoing routing question

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Jul 12 19:35:46 MSD 2011

I currently have 5 lines and 5 xml files in the dialplan/default directory. An outgoing call requires one of 5 prefixes. What I want is to have Freeswitch automatically determine the correct gateway based on the called number and if it's not a known number use the dialed prefix or if none fail the call. I also would like to reduce the redundancy in the xml files, each of the 5 has the same thing except for the prefix and gateway. Can I do this:

1. Have an xml named 01_xxx that strips things like "*31#" and create a variable.
2. Auto extend the variable with local area code if only 7 digits.
3. Set another variable to a gateway name based on the number (will just have a list of numbers in the xml file)

The question is: when it ends will another xml execute (02_xxx) that calls the gateway or do I have the call the gateway in this one and only one xml file since I am trying to intercept everything there?

Am I on the right track? Finally, I saw mention of an enum script in the wiki but could not find it in the directory. Thanks,
Mario G