[Freeswitch-users] RTMP buffer size?

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Fri Jul 8 18:33:06 MSD 2011

Thanks for your response.

In the end I dug around and found that Flex has an open source compiler.

I had a poke around the NetStreamInfo object which you can create from the
NetStream, it does have some useful data and showed up to 300ms of buffered
data. Seems that up to twice the specified NetStream.bufferTime can be built
up according to Adobe documentation.

Whilst I managed to get the latency down a decent amount by capping the
buffer with a  NetStream.bufferTimeMax, it appears that the lion's share of
the latency was flash onwards in my browser!

I solved that by executing "export PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=20" prior to
/usr/bin/chromium-browser, this has a considerable effect, certainly on
Ubuntu which uses PulseAudio.

N.