[Freeswitch-users] NOTIFY event not sent to user

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Wed Jul 6 23:18:33 MSD 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to send notify events to Aastra phones for screen pops and
that sort of thing.  I'm triggering the event using ESL from a PHP
script.  If I subscribe to the NOTIFY events on fs_cli, I can see my
event coming in quite nicely, but nothing gets sent to the phone.  I am
doing a packet capture between the phone and Freeswitch, and although I
can see all the regular call setup and MWI packets, I don't get my
notify packets coming through.

Here's the event as it is seen on fs_cli:

RECV EVENT
Core-UUID: c8db9457-8e51-e011-8f26-001517ac7a54
FreeSWITCH-Hostname: stefan.151front.communicatefreely.net
FreeSWITCH-IPv4: 66.207.200.21
FreeSWITCH-IPv6: ::1
Event-Date-Local: 2011-07-06 15:08:28
Event-Date-GMT: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:08:28 GMT
Event-Date-Timestamp: 1309979308360046
Event-Calling-File: mod_event_socket.c
Event-Calling-Function: read_packet
Event-Calling-Line-Number: 1131
Command: sendevent NOTIFY
Event-Name: NOTIFY
profile: internal
event-string: aastra-xml
user: 5101 at communicatefreely.net
host: stefan.151front.communicatefreely.net
content-type: application/xml

<AastraIPPhoneStatus Beep="yes" triggerDestroyOnExit="no">
        <Session>1</Session>
        <Message Index="test" Type="alert" Timeout="15">
                Hello, anyone there?
        </Message>
</AastraIPPhoneStatus>

freeswitch at default>

Just for background, if I do sofia status profile internal user
5101 at communicatefreely.net I get all the details about the phone, and
the username and hostname's match what's in the packet above.

Any suggestions?