[Freeswitch-users] RTMP buffer size?

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Wed Jul 6 16:33:23 MSD 2011

Hi,

I've been having a good old play with mod_rtmp, which is a very exciting
addition, thanks!

The main feedback I get when testing with colleagues is the latency, which
seems to be somewhere in the order of 1.5 seconds each way.

My testbed is an RTMP client > FS server > PSTN so I could three points
where jitter buffers and encoders would be maintained. Ping time between
servers is in the order of 50-60ms.

Is there a way of controlling the size of the jitter buffer in mod_rtmp to
reduce it? jitter_buffer_msec doesn't seem to change anything in this
scenario.

On another note, it seems the option is rtmp.conf.xml to allow calls without
rgistration doesn't seem to enable this option, I always seem to have to get
the client to log in.

Cheers,

Neil.