[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch/voip on EC2 or other cloud/virtual services

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 17:46:43 MSD 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com>wrote:

> Honest: if you are not very, very, very into knowledge about kernels,
> how kernels keep timing, xen, FreeSWITCH, etc (but very into
> knowledge) *don't* put a production system in the cloud.
> Ask some consultant to do it for you (if you want to be in the cloud),
> or rent a real hardware server from some good server provider.
> -giovanni

Actually I had thought of that...hiring a consultant to do the tuning of the
cloud install...but some people are telling me that such tuning is going to
be an ongoing job and I will have to keep on doing it thereby adding enough
consultant cost to my itty-bitty project, so as to make cloud cost gains
redundant.

Is the issue faced one-time at install or am I going to face it again and
again?

And I assume I would face those issues on all virtual computers, wether at
Amazone or linode?

Rgds.
Sanjay.