[Freeswitch-users] open g729

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:53:48 MSK 2011

The price is set by the patent holders, there's not much that can be done
about that.

If  you want to evaluate the g729 transcoding performance you **must** test
with the one you plan to recommend - the mod_com_g729, mod_sangoma_codec and
ipp g729 codecs have very difference performance characteristics. It is
pointless to evaluate one and then recommend another.

- mod_com_g729 is the official $10/channel license. It has good performance.
To evaluate it you should try it for yourself.
- The unofficial illegal FS module based ipp g729 which I shall not name has
stability problems and uses far more CPU than mod_com_g729. Do not use it.
- mod_sangoma_codec uses almost no CPU, but you do have to purchase a
transcoding card.

-Steve