[Freeswitch-users] network scenario doubts

Michal Kopacki mkopacki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:38:25 MSK 2011

     Hello,

 This is my first post to this list, so hello everyone.

 I'm at the very beginning of freeswitch journey and i have a problem
with fit FS to my network scenario.

OS: fedora 13 (x86_64)
FS: 1.0.7 (compiled from sources), default config

Desired scenario:

softphone -> mydomain.com (with ip 193.59.72.xx) -> my isp network ->
10.25.48.xx on eth1 -> FS -> 192.168.0.1 on eth0 -> softphone

And now, I'm able to connect to FS from my local network, but I'm not
able to connect from outside (neither domain nor ip). In internal.xml
I set internal ip of server and i wanted to set external ip in
external.xml, but there is a question: which one ?  In case of
193.59.72.xx external profile didnt' start and with 10.25.48.xx
outside softphone didn't register.  I checked with netstat and
realized that port 5060 is bind to internal nic only and 5080 to
external nic (10.25.48.xx) and I have no idea what next.

Is it even possible to work with such network scenario ? I would be
grateful for pointing me to right direction or maybe propose different
approach.

--
Best regards,
Michal