[Freeswitch-users] Fax gateway

Antonio potxoka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:52:04 MSK 2011

Hi,

I have some doubts about implementing a system FreeSwitch fax, maybe
it's because I have not understood exactly how this. I have a sip proxy
architecture and FreeSwitch (several servers) as gateway.

+------+                                 +-------------+
  | PROXY |------------------ | GW FreeSwitch |
+------+                                 +-------------+

                       +----------+
                        |Mail Server  |
                        |       +         |
                        | FreeSwitch  |
                       +----------+

I have read from top to bottom FreeSwitch wiki and I found a script to
do it, but still I have doubts as to which there are several DID for
sending and receiving, my biggest problem is the acounting, not very
well if GW lodge in the application, as it can go to the proxy
(acounting) to leave by the GW and what DID go between for those the
proxy (no acounting, but to have control) and return to GW will be in
the application that send the mail.

Has anyone implemented something like this or can advise me?. My biggest
question is how to make it happen always for the proxy without making a
loop and fail. Thanks.

Greetings