[Freeswitch-users] Another: xml_curl vs Lua

Saeed Ahmed saeedahmad1981 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 15:24:50 MSK 2011

Dear all,

i know that lua is preferable by FS devs and community, but here i want to
ask questions particular to my use case

*1. Current Setup*
*
*1.1 currently i am using xml_curl - for dialplan only
1.2 xml_curl.conf has two bindings so i am safe if first one dies
1.3 i am using apache + mono (.net) + mysql on another server (other than FS
server)
1.4 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU  E5420  @ 2.50GHz 8 core with 8 gm ram (for both FS
and apache+mysql server)

*2. Call Life Cycle*

2.1. call comes on internal profile
2.2. xml_curl ask xml from webserver
2.3 i do database query for each call and, return back possible supplier(s)
based on dialed number and customer id
2.4 i return xml to bridge the call on external profile

Questiosn & Concerns:

1. So with above setup i am not able to reach more than 60 cps (most
probably issue with my xml_curl backend), so i am thinking to try LUA
2. but one point is clicking my mind that, in case of xml_curl the webserver
can be on external server, and xml_curl conf could have primary and backup
binding, can i achieve that in LUA too?
3. Is LUA still be usefull as i am not doing any ivr etc.. its just xml conf
which i have to return.
4. xml_curl based setup has good feature that i can serve  more FS servers,
can i also do it in LUA?

Please ask me if i miss some information

Thanks