[Freeswitch-users] ZORG, new C++ and Java ZRTP implementation public release

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:53:01 MSK 2011

Hi Fabio,

thanks for your company's very valuable contribution!

IANAL, and don't know how the Affero version of GPL is different from
"normal" GPL.

Maybe having double licensing (like AGPL and BSD) would help spreading
the usage of ZORG.

Anyway, yay for the feat!

-giovanni

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
<lists at infosecurity.ch> wrote:
> Milan, January 12th 2011  - PrivateWave Italia S.p.A, italian company
> engaged in developing technologies for privacy protection and information
> security in voice telecommunications, is pleased to announce the release of
> ZORG, a new open source ZRTP protocol implementation available for download
> from http://www.zrtp.org  .
>
> ZRTP [1] provides end-to-end key exchange with Elliptic Curve
> Diffie-Hellmann 384bit and AES-256 SRTP encryption .
>
> ZORG has been originally developed and implemented in PrivateWave's
> PrivateGSM voice encryption products available for the following platforms:
> Blackberry, Nokia and iOS (iPhone) .
>
> Zorg C++ has been integrated with PJSIP open source VoIP SDK [2] and it's
> provided as integration patch against PJSIP 1.8.5. It has been tested on
> iPhone, Symbian, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
>
> Zorg Java has been integrated within a custom version of MJSIP [3] open
> source SDK on Blackberry platform and it includes memory usage optimizations
> required to reduce at minimum garbage collector activity.
>
> Both platforms have separated and modular cryptographic back-ends so that
> the cryptographic algorithms implementation could be easily swapped with
> other ones.
>
> ZORG is licensed under GNU AGPL and source code is available on github at
> https://github.com/privatewave/ZORG .
>
> We are releasing it under open source and in coherence with our approach to
> security [4] as we really hope that it can be useful for the open source
> ecosystem to create new voice encryption systems in support of freedom of
> speech.
>
> More than 20 pjsip-based open source VoIP encryption software (several
> written in Java) could directly benefit from ZORG release.
>
> We would be happy to receive proposal of cooperation, new integration, new
> cryptographic back-ends, bug scouting and whatever useful to improve and let
> ZRTP affirm as voice encryption standard.
>
> Zorg is available from http://www.zrtp.org .
>
> [1] ZRTP: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZRTP
> [2] PJSIP: http://www.pjsip.org
> [3] MJSIP: http://www.mjsip.org