[Freeswitch-users] Try to get rid of Speex codec on invite

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Wed Jan 12 01:35:31 MSK 2011

Hello,

when our Freeswitch sends an INVITE to a phone, it only offers speex
codec for voice:
 m=audio 12068 RTP/SAVP 8 0 98 3 18 101 13
 a=rtpmap:98 SPEEX/8000
 a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
 a=fmtp:101 0-16

When the phone then answers with ACK and OK and sends back it's own
codecs during OK, then codecs are negociated to PCMA, which is fine.

However our Aastra phones do not like Speex in the INVITE message, so
they send back a "Bad request".
We have set in vars.xml
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set"
data="global_codec_prefs=PCMA,PCMU,G729,GSM,speex at 8000h@20i,speex at 16000h@20i"/>
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set"
data="outbound_codec_prefs=PCMA,PCMU,G729,GSM,speex at 8000h@20i,speex at 16000h@20i"/>

and the internal profile contains
  <param name="inbound-codec-prefs" value="PCMA,PCMU,speex,GSM,G729"/>
  <param name="outbound-codec-prefs" value="PCMA,PCMU,speex,GSM,G729"/>
  <param name="inbound-codec-negotiation" value="greedy"/>
  <param name="outbound-codec-negotiation" value="greedy"/>

So Speex is not the preferred codec defined. Eeven 'scrooge' did not
solve the problem.

How can I get rid of this behaviour and force Freeswitch to invite with
PCMA?

--

With kind regards
Peter Steinbach