[Freeswitch-users] Asterisk & FreeSwitch in recording view

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Tue Jan 11 18:14:38 MSK 2011

1) Dunno, I don't use it just have heard enough people recommend it.

2) I think you got that one answered...  It is possible to do either
way.  You'll need a serious disk subsystem to handle that volume
though.  Battery backed raid (to deal with inefficient writes) is
gonna be your friend here.  And of course if you do it with FS you'll
want a cluster.  The nice thing about orecx is that if it fails for
whatever reason it will not impact your ability to process calls.
With FS, you can certainly make it fault tolerant but you'll need to
do a bunch more testing and have more confidence that adding recording
impact your ability to process/handle calls.  If this were my setup,
I'd definitely want to decouple the recording from the processing.
Hence the orecx recommendation.

-Rupa