[Freeswitch-users] Asterisk & FreeSwitch in recording view

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Mon Jan 10 20:25:29 MSK 2011

Let me clarify. :)

If you are ok with routing all your traffic through FreeSWITCH (or *),
then FreeSWITCH can definitely do what you want.  I use it that way
(record all external calls) without issue.  If your volume is high,
you'll want to record as PMCU WAV to a ramdisk and then have a cron
job that converts completed calls to mp3 or speex or whatever.  I have
scripts that do this well including preserving the metadata that FS
can write to the WAV files for CID info or whatever else you ask it to
put in there.  (just using sox or lame will loose that metadata from
the WAV file since they don't bother to preserve it).

That being said.  orecx is designed to record your VOIP traffic
without having to do anything put ensure all VOIP traffic ends up on
the network segment orecx is attached to.  This "transparent"
recording is definitely "the way to go" if you want to separate your
phone infrastructure from your recording infrastructure.

--
-Rupa