[Freeswitch-users] Prefix for outgoing calls

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Jan 10 03:10:19 MSK 2011

Hi, Brian.

> > Then I tried to make any call from the predefined extensions of
> > FreeSwitch (1000.xml) to a number of iptel. Then calling from
> > extension 1000 to, for example, music at iptel.org, I was able to
> > communicate from a softphone. The reason why the call is
> > successfully using @iptel.org is because it is taking the "realm" in
> > the file iptel.org.xml?

> Chances are you bypassed FS when you dialed music at iptel.org

Hmmm... but this softphone was registered only against FS. So, how can
it be that I can call if not through FS?

> > I have been reading the FS documentation but I not found a way to
> > use a prefix to call a number of iptel (or some other provider)
> > without having to use @provider. I have no clear the syntax I should
> > use or where should I do this configuration.

> What do you mean?

What I mean is that if, for example, I want to call the extension 112233
of iptel.org, when dialing 9112233, the call to 112233 is routed through
iptel.org.

>   <extension name="local.example.com">
>     <condition field="destination_number" expression="^5551212$">
>       <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/iptel.org/music"/>
>     </condition>
>   </extension>

> That would take 5551212 from a softphone and dial music at iptel.org
> ..  NEVER put @iptel.org at the end of that or you'll ened up calling
> music at iptel.org@iptel.org :P

Anyway I think your example helped me to understand some things. When
reading the file of the extension 1000
(/usr/local/freeswitch/conf/directory/default/1000.xml), I see that it
contains something like the following:

<variable name="toll_allow" value="domestic,international,local"/>

I guess these are the contexts to which the extension can call. From
what I see, these settings are defined in the file:

/usr/local/freeswitch/conf/dialplan/default/01_example.com.xml

In this file I have commented on the block having the local.example.com
and I put the example you sent me for testing. After restarting FS, I
tried to call from the softphone registered in FS to 5551212, but I get:

Line 1: call failed.
484 Address Incomplete

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
- --
Daniel Bareiro - GNU/Linux registered user #188.598
Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux with uptime:
20:25:40 up 88 days, 20:52, 10 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.07