[Freeswitch-users] Prefix for outgoing calls

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Jan 10 00:15:51 MSK 2011

Hi all!

I'm starting to experiment with FreeSWITCH and I defined a gateway for
outgoing calls to Iptel.org on the following file:

/usr/local/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/external/iptel.org.xml

using the following format:

<include>
   <gateway name="iptel">
      <param name="username" value="account"/>
      <param name="realm" value="iptel.org"/>
      <param name="password" value="password"/>
      <param name="proxy" value="sip.iptel.org"/>
   </gateway>
</include>

Apparently, FreeSwitch able to register against iptel:

freeswitch at internal> sofia status
                     Name          Type                                       Data      State
                 external       profile               sip:mod_sofia at 10.1.0.45:5080      RUNNING (0)
    external::example.com       gateway                    sip:joeuser at example.com      NOREG
          external::iptel       gateway                  sip:account at sip.iptel.org      REGED
          external::ekiga       gateway                      sip:account at ekiga.net      REGED
            internal-ipv6       profile                   sip:mod_sofia@[::1]:5060      RUNNING (0)
                 internal       profile               sip:mod_sofia at 10.1.0.45:5060      RUNNING (0)
                10.1.0.45         alias                                   internal      ALIASED
3 profiles 1 alias

freeswitch at internal>

Then I tried to make any call from the predefined extensions of
FreeSwitch (1000.xml) to a number of iptel. Then calling from extension
1000 to, for example, music at iptel.org, I was able to communicate from a
softphone. The reason why the call is successfully using @iptel.org is
because it is taking the "realm" in the file iptel.org.xml?

I have been reading the FS documentation but I not found a way to use a
prefix to call a number of iptel (or some other provider) without having
to use @provider. I have no clear the syntax I should use or where
should I do this configuration.

Someone could give me a hand with this configuration?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel