[Freeswitch-users] hardware requirements

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Jan 7 01:18:33 MSK 2011

FreeSWITCH works just fine with TDM cards. I tinkered with an old P4 and a
4-port Tormenta2 clone and easily handled dozens of concurrent calls, and
that was before the FreeTDM stuff made things more reliable.

At this point hardware is cheap, so get yourself a 4- or 8- core box with
8GB RAM and some fast hard drives. For the best experience with TDM I
recommend a Sangoma card over the Zaptel clones.

-MC