[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference with cluster ODBC

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Fri Jan 7 00:33:36 MSK 2011

Ok, let me see if I can get this into your head. (giggles)

A conference means that the audio needs to mixed in together so that all
participants can talk/hear each other, right? If you implement something in
C on mod_conference, you are going to essentially do the same as what an ESL
app does. You _need_ to call in from one server to the other so that you can
mix the audio of all the participants. The real advantage would be the
management API being only one for everything and the challenge is exactly
that. How to mute certain users on a conference that is spanning over 10
servers or deaf them, etc...

A SIP "user" is easier because you don't have to bridge audio from another
server necessarily. Got it?

Regards,
João Mesquita