[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH configuration for Mobile Phones Running SIP (sipdroid) Client,

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue Jan 4 20:24:11 MSK 2011

Some fine tuning:
- Use SIP/TCP or SIP/TLS transport to strongly save battery respect to
SIP/UDP
- Increase SIP timer to be able to work mobile networks with packet loss
(otherwise a single TCP congestion would fire
- Disable all ping checking from server (you must reduce keepalive traffic)
- Disable TCP kernel keepalive
- Use high ptime and ultra-narrowband codec (4-5kbit/s with VAD/DTX) to
work over 2.5 GPRS (edge/umts are much more powerful networks)

Those are some of the major improvements we have done while setting up
our server for PrivateGSM Professional SaaS (http://www.privatewave.com)
ZRTP VoIP encryption client for BB/Nokia/iPhone .

Fabio