[Freeswitch-users] implementing stereo (e.g. portaudio to test it easily)

MatzeMuc86 matzemuc86 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 18:09:30 MSK 2011

SWITCH_FILE_FLAG_READ: I'm not sure what this does. It's somewhere else in
the code.

My idea: A conference room for regular sip clients but also special user
clients which can receive stereo. Stereo is needed as those clients will get
a special HRTF sound: different people are placed on different 3D positions
in the room and you can hear them. This is NOT regular stereo sound but real
3D sound. Why is this better: Mixing all together to one mono channel, it is
very difficult to distinguish between different people.
Interesting links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-related_transfer_function and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocktail_party_effect.
There have been several tests (and there is literature as well) that proofs
that it is much easier to follow conversations which use 3D sound like HRTF.
And I want to do this not by some proprietary software like it is done by
with Mumble by J. Feldmayer but with SIP to be able to connect also regular
SIP clients (and regular phones or whatever I want).