[Freeswitch-users] problem with voice quality

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 17:52:54 MSK 2011

FS will always transcode if the a-leg and b-leg are using different
codecs. The only exception is on a small number of passthrough only
codecs (g729,g723.1,amr).

(That is assuming that one of the legs isn't lying about the type of
data it's sending).

Can you reproduce the sound problems on the very latest Git? Can you
hear speech with noise, or is it just garbage? Can you get a
debug-level log for the call with siptrace enabled so we can see
what's going on? Also use tcpdump/wireshark/tshark to capture the RTP
and analyze it in Wireshark to check for packet loss or jitter.

-Steve