[Freeswitch-users] Receive order guarantee for bgapi command replies over ESL?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 24 23:44:28 MSK 2011

Just curious - what is the use case where sending a stack of bgapi's without
listening for the reply is more desirable than looping through the bgapi
send/reply sequence for each one? I'm no super programmer but it seems to me
that blindly relying on another system to always send stuff in the exact
correct order is dangerous and may cause bugs that are difficult to
diagnose. Personally I would consider it a programming best practice to wait
for the response of the bgapi before sending another one.

I invite other socket programmers to give their input...

-MC

P.S - you may wish to disable the legal notice at the and of your emails
when sending to a public list. (We know that some servers tag outgoing
messages automatically and if that is your case we understand. Go yell at
the I.T. guy! :)