[Freeswitch-users] ESL socket outbound: the execution of answer has not effect

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 05:42:49 MSK 2011

If you bridge them, the bridge app will already pass the  answer for
you when the B leg is answered.
If you are seeing that message it means you are supplying the uuid in
reverse order where the A leg is not the one with media.

That reversing the order message can only be true if you pass a leg
with media as the 2nd leg and one without as the 1st to uuid_bridge.

When you pre_answer the A leg, do you wait for it to actually happen
before you call bridge?
sendmsg execute only queues the app to be executed, you need to get
the event confirming it actually happened before you can be sure it
did.

Try adding the header

async: true

to your sendmsg to indicate you want to execute the app instantly and
wait for it to finish.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Stephen Wilde <wstephen80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running an esl socket outbound application and I have a systematic
> problem: in a particular situation, the execution of answer on incoming call
> has no effect.
> This happens always when (and only in this case):
> 1. an incoming call is received (legA) and via dialplan I send the call to
> my socket outbound application
> 2. I make an outbound call with originate (legB)
> 3. I receive a CHANNEL_PROGRESS_MEDIA on legB
> 4. I do a "pre_answer" on legA
> 5, I do a "uuid_bridge" between legA and legB
> in this phase, legA can hear the progress tone coming from legB (an in-band
> ringback)
> 5. legB answer the call and I receive a CHANNEL_ANSWER on legB
> 6. I do an execute of "answer" on legA
> This "answer" has no effect!
> I do both pre_answer and answer specifying the UUID parameter (sendmsg
> <uuid>), obviously using legA uuid .
> I do the bridge specifying inbound uuid as first parameter and outbound uuid
> as second parameter: uuid_bridge <inbound_uuid> <outbound_uuid>
> In fs_cli I see:  [WARNING] switch_ivr_bridge.c:1412 reversing order of
> channels so this will work!
> To me it seems that in uuid_bridge is done an inversion with my
> inbound/outbound channels and because I do an answer to the incoming uuid,
> probably (due to the inversion) is treated as outbound so the answer is
> ignored.
> Attached to this email the .pcap file related to tcp traffic between
> Freeswitch and my socket outbound application where at time 8.562639 there
> is my sendmsg with the answer.
> Stephen

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/