[Freeswitch-users] INVITE DoS Prevention

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Tue Feb 22 01:55:57 MSK 2011

Yes, and that works well.  Initially I was trying to guard against a
bunch of INVITEs without auth replys.  For the time being I've set up
a separate fail2ban filter that looks at the invite challenges and
only blocks someone if its extremely high in a short period of time.
I still have to figure out how many of these INVITEs without auths the
systems can handle because when you've got several instances going
just the disk activity from the logs becomes problematic if there is a
massive spike.  Logging the auth timeouts seems to be the ideal
solution because you could then drop the timeouts without affecting
legit traffic.

Spencer