[Freeswitch-users] INVITE DoS Prevention

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Mon Feb 21 11:04:22 MSK 2011

Thanks for the info!  Yes it would be great if Freeswitch logged this
info somewhere but this firewall script was was I was trying to
accomplish. :-)  I was trying to do this with the minimal amount of
overhead and I think that might be the ticket.  The cool thing about
having Freeswitch log it and then pick it up with Fail2ban would be
that you could define the limit per user/IP.  Say for instance you are
using Freeswitch as an SBC and if the invite matches a user or an IP
that is known, that limit could be much higher than an unknown IP or
user.  That would keep you from having to define a limit that is
overly "safe" to prevent blocking real traffic especially if you are
talking about a lot of traffic.

Thanks again,
Spencer