[Freeswitch-users] Newbie´s question about FreeSwitch...

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sat Feb 19 04:16:36 MSK 2011

Bienvenido a FreeSWITCH!

Yes, there are lots of things you can do. You probably need to consider a
GUI front-end to your FreeSWITCH unless you have experience (or time to
learn) how to configure and maintain FreeSWITCH.

>From my experience, you can probably save some money, but migrating from an
old analog PBX to a new VoIP system will still cost some money. Your old
phones won't be useful on the new system without buying ATA's. You are
better off buying Polycom IP550 or Cisco SPA504G phones. You will also need
a server on which to run your VoIP system, possibly some network cabling in
your office, and most likely some professional assistance with getting
everything set up. So, FreeSWITCH itself is *gratis*, but there is still an
investment in everything else. That said, I'm sure you can get everything
you need for well under $4500.

-MC