[Freeswitch-users] Anyone able to get freeswitch to register a gateway over TLS or TCP? I can't get it to not send UDP packets for reg.

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:40:41 MSK 2011

I am trying to get freeswitch to register with another freeswitch server (on
TLS port 5061) however default the config settings I believe should set it,
it always trys to register over UDP (after registration or with registration
set to false however it does send TCP then for outbound calls).   If anyone
has a gateway config that actually registers over TCP or TLS that would be
great.
The client gateway/profile config at:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15383is what i believe should work but
isn't

I have tried setting contact-params on the gateway to tport=tls tport=tcp
tport=tcp;transport=tls and transport=tls  without any luck.  Anyway even
TCP would be helpful as it would allow me to trace better how the sip
registration decides to use TCP or UDP.   I tried digging into libsofia but
its a bit hard to trace and understand with its generic event structure and
tagging (plus the documentation isn't the most rebust on registration
options).

Thanks

~Mitch